[Flexradio] Maestro WiFi
Steve Sterling
2016-09-23 06:23:58 UTC
Received a Maestro today. Is the Wi-Fi module talked about in the ads a
separate accessory that must be purchased and installed, or something
that must be initiated? When I plug in the provided 12vdc adapter, a
wi-fi page comes up and says to select a wi-fi network, but none are
ever listed. We have plenty of wi-fi signal here, so it suggests there
is no wi-fi receiver in it. Maybe I gotta buy a wi-fi usb dongle and
plug it in? or??

73 Steve WA7DUH
Steven Hess
2016-09-23 07:04:13 UTC
Steve

No the Wifi is built in.
If you do not see any Wifi networks you may have a defective unit.
It should not take long for them to show up if they are broadcasting a SSID.
My recommendation is you open a support ticket.
https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/
Here is hte how to on that:
https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Support
.
My first unit had defective Wifi and Flex promptly replaced it but you must
open a support ticket so they can determine that.
Seems if you do it by phone it's harder to get the ball rolling.
Have you tried a wired connection with CAT cable?

Steven KC6KGE
Post by Steve Sterling
Received a Maestro today. Is the Wi-Fi module talked about in the ads a
separate accessory that must be purchased and installed, or something that
must be initiated? When I plug in the provided 12vdc adapter, a wi-fi page
comes up and says to select a wi-fi network, but none are ever listed. We
have plenty of wi-fi signal here, so it suggests there is no wi-fi receiver
in it. Maybe I gotta buy a wi-fi usb dongle and plug it in? or??
73 Steve WA7DUH
Apply appropriate technology. Use what works without prejudice.
Steven L Hess ARS KC6KGE DM05gd22
Owner Flex-1500 and Flex-3000 Flex-6300, FT-857D, FT-817ND
927.0875Mhz and 441.125 Repeaters Taft Ca.
openSUSE Tumbleweed KDE Plasma with Packman, Leap 42.1