[Flexradio] 5000 Sound?
Carl Nord
2017-03-24 15:52:42 UTC
My 5000 has started acting strangely. The sound is completely muted.

. Been running PowerSDR 2.8 for months

. I can see signals on the band

. The sound system through the PC is OK

. AF gain all the way up- on PC, speakers PC sound and speakers
all the way up

. Squelch off

Did not knowingly change anything, it is possible system was powered down
without a correct shut down, but nothing else I can think of.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Carl Nord

WA1KPD
John

Carl Nord
2017-03-24 17:22:22 UTC
We have a winner!!!!

The cord from the speakers was not long enough to go to the Flex, but just
reached the computer.

When I went to plug in the speakers on the back of the 5000 I found I had an
extension cable there...
So, I can't remember but I must have done something simple earlier in the
week that caused that to unplug. When I found the unplugged speaker, out of
habit I plugged it into the 1/8 jack into the PC.

It now works fine. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and in particular
to Bill Kramer who pushed me in the right direction

Carl Nord
WA1KPD

2017-04-01 14:09:13 UTC
The 1/8" jack on the 5000 is not secured to the cabinet rather it is only
soldered to the circuit board. If you abuse the jack it may detach from
the circuit board, or become intermittent. I thought it was the plug, the
cable, the powered speakers....but no.

Since the topic mentioned this jack......my experience and had to repair
the jack soldering to the pcb.
Alan
2017-03-24 17:22:04 UTC
Any chance that the audio plug has come out, either at the Flex or the
speakers? My speakers use phono plugs, and they seem to do that
periodically.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA