[Flexradio] RF quiet ATX power supply
KR7O
2017-06-22 14:08:21 UTC
The supply in my Flex computer died yesterday. Looking for an RF quiet 550W
or greater power supply. I picked up a Thermaltake Smart 500W supply
because I could source it locally to get working quickly, but it is
unacceptably noisy. With a significant amount of ferrite, I have tamed the
Thermaltake to be tolerable, but long term it is unacceptable. Are the
current PC Power/FirePower models which appear to have replaced my OCZ
Fatality supply still quiet supplies?

My highest concern is 6M noise.

TNX

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee (ex. N7STU)
DXCC 6M #1122
WAZ 6M #112
VUCC 6M, 2M
Ray Andrews, K9DUR
2017-06-22 14:48:48 UTC
Robert,

I recently had to replace the P/S in my desktop. Local availability for
minimum downtime was a priority.

I picked up an EVGA 600W ATX12V/EPS12V for $49.99+tax at Best Buy. I
have not noticed any RF noise from it at all on any band, including 6m.

73, Ray, K9DUR
http://k9dur.info