[Flexradio] Using digital modes with a Maestro
Mardy Eedson
2017-03-01 14:33:41 UTC
Question for Tim:
I am running a Flex 6300 with a Maestro front end and a Windows laptop for logging. Can I run digital modes with this configuration?
Best regards.
Mardy, VE3QEE
Dave
2017-03-01 14:40:25 UTC
Yes you can. Install SmartSDR on the laptop. During install make sure that you select DAX and CAT. You will only need to run DAX and CAT on the laptop. You do not run SmartSDR if using the Maestro.

Note - the laptop needs to be on the same subnet as the radio and Maestro for DAX and CAT to see the radio.

There are plenty tutorials on the Flex Community page to configure your digital software to communicate to the radio using CAT for control and DAX for audio.

73
Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.