[Flexradio] JJRadio
Jim Shaffer
2017-02-11 16:09:43 UTC
I am the author of a program designed for blind radio amateurs which allows
control of their rigs. JJRadio is, as far as I know, the only software that
allows blind hams a significant level of control for a Flex radio. JJRadio
supports the Flex 6000 line of radios, although it will only support 2
slices for the 6500 and 6700 presently. It even has a tactile pan adapter
for blind hams using a braille display. JJRadio assumes the user is using a
screen reader to drive their speech synthesizer and braille display.

The program and documentation are available at http://www.jjshaffer.net/,
and is free. If you are a blind ham, feel free to check it out. If you
know of a blind ham who might like to use a Flex, but hasn't because the
SmartSDR GUI is not accessible, please let them know about the program.
--
Jim Shaffer, KE5AL
Pflugerville, TX

---